NAMI Butler Virtual F2F Class!
Join us for a free 8-week online education class for friends of loved ones living with mental illness.
Wednesdays, 6 PM, September 30th - November 18th, 2020.
Class includes current treatments & therapies, finding local support, handling crises, & much more.
A free educational program for family, significant others and friends of people living with mental illness. It is a designated evidenced-based program. NAMI-trained family members who have been there lead the course with presentations, discussion and interactive exercises. The group setting allows you to connect with others and build a community of support.
NAMI Family-to-Family covers:
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local support and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family